Hail Damage Statistics
Hail damage accounts for a lot of damage found to roofs in Lakewood, Colorado. Per the Federal Alliance of Safe Homes, nearly $1.6 billion in damage occurred across the nation in the last year. It’s important that the following tips are followed when examining a roof for hail damage. They are helpful when repairing your home and understanding the process a lot easier.
- Roofs should always be inspected by someone with adequate training and experience to see if there is damage to the home such as Lakewood roofers from Lakewood roofing company.
- Typically, wind damage is related to wind damage claims, but can occur during a hail storm. However, if roof hail damage occurs on tiles or shingle, it is mostly like because of the hail itself. Our roofing contractors in Lakewood can look for this damage and determine if repairs are necessary at your Colorado home or business.
- Each roof must be evaluated on its own, the number, hardness and size of the hailstones will vary. Direction of the wind as well as velocity will be major factors including age of the roof, condition before the weather and the roof pitch itself. Our professionally trained roofing services team can provide this comprehensive service for all customers in the surrounding area.
- Many insurance companies do have a one-year time limit (some less), however due to the nature of this type of damage, they may pay claims after this deadline and our roofing contractors in Lakewood can help you with this important process.
- The manufacturer of the roof itself will name hail as an exclusion to their warranty. Newer roofs will be more susceptible to hail damage because of the time it takes the new roof to cure from exposure to this type of weather.
- Many states prohibit insurance companies from cancelling policies for filing claims from severe weather.
Hail damage repairs
Here at Lakewood Roofing Co, we want to make sure that you only get the roof hail damage repair that you need. As Lakewood roofing contractors, we believe in integrity and do our best to give you all the information you need to make the wisest decision for your home or commercial building.
Identifying hail damage to tiles or shingles can be difficult and our Lakewood roofing team is here to help. First, insurance companies will determine whether the damage is recent or not. Roof hail damage typically dents soft metals on the roof before shingles are damaged. Check the vinyl trim around your windows as well as the flashing on your roof itself. Also, remember to check the cooling fins of your exterior A/C unit. This damage is rated in terms of degrees from bruising edge removal, wood splitting, granule loss and fracturing of the asphalt underlayment. Roof hail damage to shingles is determined by the strength of the substrate found below the shingle. The pitch of the roof as well as the direction of the storm may result in hail damage to one side of the roof and not the other. These things are considered by insurance companies when approving or denying your hail damage insurance claim. Our Lakewood roofing experts can answer any questions you have about these important things and how to look for them by giving them a call.
Lakewood Roofing Company, a roofing contractor in Lakewood, Colorado, has navigated the waters of hail damage and insurance claims. We can be a helpful resource throughout the entire process. Our professional team of roofing experts are the best roofers in Lakewood. They have experience determining the extent of your damage before an insurance claim is made. Call 720-398-0700 to schedule an appointment today with one of our professional roofers in Lakewood today.